In January I’m looking for a Winter Garden
(This month I want to see photos and stories about winter gardens. You can interpret this any way you want; a garden in winter, winter flowers, or plants in a glasshouse)
The Auckland Domain Winter Garden complex in Auckland, New Zealand, is a national treasure. It was designed in the early 1900s in the style of the famous English partnership of Edwin Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll and opened in 1913. Rare and spectacular plants in an ever-changing display can be seen in each of the two barrel-vaulted Victorian style glass houses which face out on to an extensive courtyard and sunken pool. One glasshouse contains temperate plants and is not heated and the other contains tropical plants and heated to 28°C. It is free to enter and a lovely place to visit on a chilly winter’s day.
If you would like to join in with Garden Photography then please take a look at my Garden Photography Page. No complicated rules 🙂
- Create your own post and title it January: Winter Gardens
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
- Add the tag “GardenChallenge” so everyone can find the posts easily in the WP Reader
- Get your post in by the end of the month, as the new theme comes out on the first Sunday in February.
- Please visit the sites in the comments to see what others are posting.