In February I am looking for Monochrome
(black and white or tones of one colour. Look for texture, shape and patterns. The subject matter is entirely up to you, but should be loosely garden related.)
Finding a strong shape is one of the criterion for what could be an interesting black and white conversion, but also consider the background. You want something that enables that shape to stand out and be noticed. In this particular example I was struck by the contrast of the sharp spiky yucca leaves against the circular leaded windows above. The perimeter of those leaves echo the circular shape which may have been an unconscious perception that led to the composition of this image. I also used a slight pencil sketch effect to add texture to the image.
If you would like to join in with Garden Photography then please take a look at my Garden Photography Page. No complicated rules 🙂
- Create your own post and title it February: Monochrome
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
- Add the tag “GardenChallenge” so everyone can find the posts easily in the WP Reader
- Get your post in by the end of the month, as the new theme comes out on the first Sunday in March.
- Please visit the sites linked in the comments to see what others are posting.