July is about growing plants to eat.
(This month I’m looking at edible gardens – an allotment, herb gardens, a potager or even a single tomato plant. If you want to go bigger then why not a rice terrace in China, a field of corn in the prairies or lavender in Provence; you decide )
As summer comes to an end you see the fruits appearing in the orchards all over the country. Kent is known as the ‘Garden of England’ and where better to show you fat, juicy, purple plums
and fresh crisp pears.
If you would like to join in with Garden Photography then please take a look at my Garden Photography Page. No complicated rules 🙂
- Create your own post and title it July: The Edible Garden
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
- Add the tag “GardenChallenge” so everyone can find the posts easily in the WP Reader
- Get your post in by the end of the month, as the new theme comes out on the first Sunday in August.
- Please visit the sites in the comments to see what others are posting.
This is the last week for showcasing your edible gardens. Next Sunday I shall be looking out for photos from a Garden or Flower Show – local flower shows or country fetes, national garden shows (has anyone been to Chelsea or the Hampton Court show?) or a small local garden open for charity. Once again I will leave it up to you what you post. And thank you to everyone who has joined in with the challenge so far. Some of those edible posts have made me quite envious, not to mention hungry.