During September I want to see your favourite flowers.
(This month I’m looking at flower portraits – showcase a flower that you are particularly fond of or one that is unusual)
The Chilean Lantern Tree (Crinodendron hookerianum) is unsurprisingly a genus from Chile. Crinodendron are evergreen shrubs or small trees, with leathery, dark green leaves and nodding, urn-shaped flowers in the leaf axils. It usually flowers May – August and is fairly hardy. I have one growing in my garden, but it only had three or four flowers this year, though at the time of writing this (end August) I have noticed several new flowers forming!
If you would like to join in with Garden Photography then please take a look at my Garden Photography Page. No complicated rules🙂
- Create your own post and title it September: Flower Portrait
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
- Add the tag “GardenChallenge” so everyone can find the posts easily in the WP Reader
- Get your post in by the end of the month, as the new theme comes out on the first Sunday in October.
- Please visit the sites in the comments to see what others are posting.
This is the last week to showcase your favourite flowers. Next month we will be looking at beautiful gardens – share with us what is special about your favourite garden. Don’t forget this can be your own garden or any garden from around the world. You can post one photo, or since I am very greedy, several photos from the garden. If it is a public garden then please include details of how to get there. I look forward to visiting new places with you.